Co-operation of ESPERE and Lehrer-online
What is Lehrer-online?
Lehrer-online (teachers-online) is the national German school server, funded by the national ministry for education and research.
The main tasks of Lehrer-online are the provision of information and teaching material for schools. New media is a strong focus of the programme.
- class units with downloadable teaching material free of charge
- co-operation with national and international partners
- exchange of material and contacts
- Didactic contributions and advice for the use of new media in schools
- communication platform, forum and chatrooms
- topical news, an online journal with hints, facts and trends concerning school and education
Lehrer-online already offered the forum 'Klimawandel' (climate change) on the communication platform lo-net (www.lo-net.de) for ESPERE. The Forum is currently moderated by Katja Mannschreck and Elmar Uherek.
Possibilities for a co-operation:
Teaching material developed for Lehrer-online is published on the site www.lehrer-online.de. However combined efforts are possible. ESPERE offers material and knowledge for such units and benefits from the logistic and didactic support offered by Lehrer-online. The teaching material (work sheets, animations, advice for the concrete use in the lessons) can be shared.
Possible support consists of the following services:
1) Editors of Lehrer-online (most of them teachers) could help with their advice in the preparation of teaching units. Such units could appear on the Lehrer-online server and be extended for ESPERE.
2) Financial support for editors: Lehrer-online can pay special services for teaching units (e.g. the development of animations, link-lists, work sheets), which are developed by third persons. The material, complemented by contributions developed by ESPERE can be used for both programs.
3) Editors of Lehrer-online are experienced in collecting material suitable for the use in classes. They could provide such collections in order to complement text material developed by the members of ESPERE.
4) Last not least Lehrer-online can inform about ESPERE in the schools.
Lehrer-online is a national German service and has only little international contacts. It is not suitable as platform for international developments. However the communication platforms will also be built up in English in 2002.